Pages

Papertrey Ink Celebration {Sketch Challenge}

Friday, February 10, 2012

Today PTI has provided 5 sketches for us to try. 
 The hearts are meant to represent a cloud as in the inspiration photo below.  They look pretty cute even though their shape is not *quite* right.

I used an unlikely color combination for me, Lavender Moon and Autumn Rose.  I'm not a purple person, but I love how the lavender looks with the rose.  Added a touch of chocolate, too!




Thanks for stopping by!



Cardstock: PTI White, Autumn Rose, Lavender Moon
Stamps: PTI Love Songs, Up Up and Away, Heart Prints
Ink: PTI Autumn Rose, Dark Chocolate
Dies: PTI Heart Dies
Other: PTI Felt

8 comments :

  1. I think it's gorgeous...
    and love those clouds!
    A fabulous idea...
    and a fabulous card! :)
    I'm going to have to break out a light to get photos...
    we have been rainy, dreary all day and now it's night! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, this is just so darn cute! I love how you used the heart dies to make the clouds, such a smart idea! the colors are just so beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts as clouds is so clever! And the color combo looks really good...it's funny how when you mix the unlikeliest colors together they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the heart clouds!! And I never would have put those colors together, but it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the balloons and the clouds as hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try those colors! They are not colors I would think of using but look so stunning on your card! Love the heart clouds and that sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors together. I never would have thought to put these together. I tend to use the same color combos all the time. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these colors together too. I will try it in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |