Pages

After{image}

Saturday, October 19, 2013

 
This may sound strange, but.....
As I was driving home from work yesterday the sun was in front of me.  As the sun came through the trees, the leaves blocked the light behind them, but the bright light between them was still visible.
When I closed my eyes, this left me with the coolest afterimage!
The spots where the leaves were was a turquoise-blue.  A few were white.
The spaces between appeared as a deeper, darker blue.
It was really quite beautiful!
This card is my interpretation of that afterimage.
 
 
On a piece of white cardstock I added pool ink with a distress tool over the entire surface.
Then I clear embossed a few images in a random pattern {most clear, but a few white}.  After melting the embossing powder, I repeated the first step, this time with tide pool ink. Again I added a few more embossed images and went in with broken china ink. 

 
I couldn't waste this piece, so I made another card using the negative.
 
 
 
So now that you are convinced I am totally strange..lol!
Do you know what I mean? Have you ever seen these cool afterimages?
Thanks for stopping by!
 

 


Cardstock: PTI White
Stamps: WP9 Quilt Prints, PTI SS Birthday
Ink: HA Pool, Tide Pool, TH Broken China, Versamark, Versafine
Dies: PTI DE Banner Die, PTI Hexagon Cover Plate
Other: White and Clear Embossing Powder, Sequins

7 comments :

  1. Love it and how you got your inspiration is great. All we have to do is look around us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEP I get it and YEP I've seen them too!! These are are both amazing Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Love your inspiration, the blues you created are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those colors! Stunning and calming at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story about how you got your inspiration for this card Kara...love the first card but the leftover negative is also pretty. I had such a fun day today...made a bunch of cards with your 12 Kits. I brought them with me on vacation and had a really creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not strangeness, it's creativity! Love how your mind works LOVE your interpretation--such beautiful shimmering colors and a great negative design too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous. I am very worried about you--you should not close your eyes when you are driving, no matter how many cards it inspires.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |