Pages

Pink Star Nebula {Pastel Marbling Revisited}

Saturday, July 19, 2014

 
A while ago I made a card suing my pastel marbling technique that I just loved.
I decided I wanted to make a girl version!
 
 
Here are the direction again in case you missed them:
 
 
Steps for creating this marbled pastel background:
1. Fill shallow container with water
2. Use a craft knife to shave desired pastel colors onto water's surface
3. Swirl the colors together to achieve desired effect
4. Place paper onto surface of water and remove
{you can dip it more than once if you did not pick up enough color the first time}
5. Allow to dry and spray with a fixative to avoid smudging
 
 
For this card and the boy version I took it one step further. 
 I ran it through my Xyron sticker maker {colored side down}.
I carefully removed the release paper exposing the adhesive
and coated the entire piece in clear glitter.

 
This Faber Castell Pitt artist pen is perfect for fixing stamped impressions that don't stamp as solidly as you'd like, particularly with Versafine Onyx ink.  It makes it so easy to correct mistakes and is totally undetectable even on large sentiments and images.
I just love it!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Have an awesome weekend!
 

Cardstock: Recollections White, PTI Black
Stamps: PTI Out Of This World
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Dies: PTI Out Of This World, Fabulous Frames
Other: Pastels, MS Glitter, Xyron, Spray Fixative, Watercolor Paper, Faber-Castell Pitt Pen

5 comments :

  1. What a fun background and it looks so good with the silhouette image. You are way more adventurous then I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is some card! I love everything about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another great technique--love the effect you got with the pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, this technique is so cool. What an awesome effect.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |