Pages

Masked Floral Highlight

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

 
Hey!
I had some time before dinner last night to work on an idea.  I wanted to use this WP9 Botanical Bunch stamp.  I wanted the whole image to be visible, but with the flowers highlighted and parts blending into the background.  I created a mask with the small circle die from WP9 Love Mom Layers.  I started by applying Nautical Navy ink with a sponge tool.  I also added a bit of Black Soot distress ink towards the edges to darken it a bit.
 
 
When I was happy with the saturation of color, I removed the mask and added Ocean Drive ink to the circle.  I blended the light into the dark to lighten up the area around the circle.  I stamped the floral image so that the large flowers were inside the highlighted circle.  I die cut the panel with the WP9 Sunshine Layers die centering the floral image rather than the circle.
 
 
Finally, I stamped the sentiment from WP9 A New Day. 
 

Hope you're having a great week so far.
Thanks so much for visiting!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Cardstock: WP9 White, Black
Stamps: WP9 A New Day, Botanical Bunch
Ink: WP9 Nautical Navy, Ocean Drive, Versafine Onyx, Black Soot
Dies: WP9 Sunshine Layers, Love Mom Layers

13 comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |