Pages

Paper Smooches August 2015 Guest Designer

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

 
Hello Sunshine!
I'm back again with another Paper Smooches project using some of  their newest release products.
 
 
I started by creating a circle mask to sponge on some color to ground my focal point.  I created a potted plant by die cutting the Ice Cream Cone Die base in brown cardstock and adding some details with brown copic markers.

 
I then stamped the hibiscus image from Summer Lovin' three times, colored them with copics, and fussy cut them out.
 
 
I arranged the flowers in the pot and adhered it to the sponged circle.  I added a sentiment from the same stamp set on a flag cut piece of cardstock.
 
 
A few enamel dots add the finishing detail.  Thanks so much for visiting.  I have one more post to share with you next Wednesday.   See you then!
 
 
 


Additional Supplies Used:
PTI Hawaiian Shores Cardstock
LF Circle Dies
SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies

7 comments :

  1. Wonderful bright and happy card, Kara! Love the dimension! Great idea to have the thin line of turquoise peeking out at the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on guesting Kara, this is fabulous my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is stunning!! All your fussy cutting looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Kara - love the side design, the use of the cone for a flower pot, the colours - all fabbo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, you are so clever to turn that ice cream cone into a planter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower pot looks amazing, Kara!!!!! So beautiful!!! Love the sponged circle to really have the flowers pop!!! The small blue frame for the focal panel works wonderfully!!! So lovely, Kara!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Card Kara!! Your Design with the Layers and the AMAZING Coloring just make me HAPPY!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |